New job opportunity with us through Kickstart
- Young Heritage Advisor
Interested? Please contact Bolton’s jobcentres and speak with your work coach to apply.
You can get more details about the role here.
Young Heritage Advisor | Role Outline
We have an exciting opportunity to research and develop new initiatives around youth engagement in the heritage sector. As a Youth Heritage Advisor, you will engage in a cross-organisational research project, led by Historic England. You will also have the opportunity to support CCT engage with our audiences through a range of marketing initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who is keen:
* to learn more about the heritage sector
* engage audiences to learn more about their cultural heritage
* influence others through marketing and digital communications
You’ll be working in a small team with a dedicated line manager. You will gain valuable experience in marketing, research, communications and networking. This will provide you with a broad understanding of both the heritage sector and marketing, allowing you to pursue a career in heritage and/or marketing.
* Attending regular team meetings to plan digital content for social media and the website
* Researching and writing content for social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Scheduling content in the social media planner
* Marketing and PR
* Using our online media database to research PR contacts
* Working with colleagues to write and send out press releases and respond to any follow-ups from journalists.
* Update the online image library with images and descriptions
* Update the website with events and news
* To provide administrative support to your team
* Support with ad hoc events
You will also participate in a cross organisational partnership research programme led by Historic England. Representing Churches Conservation Trust, you will form a peer group of young heritage advisors who represent the museums, arts and heritage sector to research and evaluate how young people see heritage in their communities and the cultural heritage sector.
You will be connecting with both internal staff and external partner organisations within the Museum, Heritage and arts sector to understand:
*Employability / training in the cultural heritage sector
*Better representation of youth in your community
*The value of young people within heritage
The roles will be based at All Souls, Bolton.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
*Good knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Microsoft programmes.
* Some experience of using online conferencing programs such as Teams or Zoom.
* Good communication skills where you enjoy actively listening and questioning where necessary.
* Good problem solving skills with the ability to analysing situations and investigating practical solutions.
* Good administrative skills
* Organised with a good attention to detail
* Able to work as part of a small team as well as independently
* Comfortable working in a changeable environment
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn
* 3 A levels or equivalent